Severe weather can happen anytime, in any part of the country. Severe weather can include hazardous conditions produced by thunderstorms, including damaging winds, tornadoes, large hail, flooding and flash flooding, and winter storms associated with freezing rain, sleet, snow and strong winds.
Know your Risk
Understand the type of hazardous weather that affects you and your family where you live:
Develop an emergency plan based on your local weather hazards and practice your plan.
Tips and Resources for Online Sharing
- Share your weather preparedness plan with friends and family
- Share severe weather preparedness tips on social media using the hashtag: #SevereWeatherPrep
- Severe Weather Preparedness Social Media Toolkit
- Flood Safety Social Media Toolkit
- Community Weather Alerts (FEMA media library)
- Community Weather Alerts (YouTube)
- Severe Weather (YouTube)